Call 866-GUTHRIE (866-488-4743) to make your appointment
Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center is a leader in cardiovascular medicine in the Southern Tier of New York and Northern Tier of Pennsylvania. Our team of care providers is proud to offer advanced clinical and surgical services including transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), beating heart surgery, minimally-invasive heart surgery, valve sparing surgery and heart bypass.
Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, Pa. is home to the Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center’s advanced interventional and surgical suites including:
- Two catheterization laboratories.
- One electrophysiology catheterization laboratory.
- A 10-bed pre- and post-catheterization care unit.
- An eight bed cardiac and vascular intensive care unit.
- 13 operating suites are available at Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital. In addition, the facility is home to the region’s only hybrid operating room – a state-of-the-art operating room with real-time, high-resolution digital imaging capabilities allowing for complex surgeries and studies to take place simultaneously.
Awards and Accreditations
Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital
- Blue Distinction Centers+ for Cardiac Care, BlueCross BlueShield.
- Chest Pain Center with PCI, Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
- High performing in Cardiology & Heart Surgery, U.S. News & World Report.
- Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital, Truven Health Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters)
Guthrie Corning Hospital
- Get with the Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus and Target: Stroke Honor Roll, American Heart Association/American Stoke Association.
- Nuclear Cardiology accreditation, Intersocietal Accreditation Commission.
Guthrie Medical Group
- Accreditation in Echocardiography Laboratories in 11 locations and Nuclear Cardiology at Guthrie Big Flats, and in Vascular Laboratories in seven Guthrie Medical Group locations and Guthrie Troy Community Hospital’s Ultrasound Department by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission.
Guthrie Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Nationally certified, American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
Research and Clinical Trials
Associates of the Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center actively participate in the Guthrie Research and Clinical Trial Programs. Their involvement allows patients to receive novel therapeutic approaches and device products prior to their introduction into the marketplace and enables Guthrie physicians to provide enhanced treatment methodologies in the management of particular disease states under study. Click here to view the current open and active cardiology trials.
Cardiovascular Fellowship Program
Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital is proud to be a teaching hospital with a Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program, a three-year program with a faculty of 10 board-certified cardiologists. The fellowship program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).