Stay Heart Healthy with Guthrie
Whether you are diagnosed with a heart condition or dealing with a condition that can affect your heart, you can count on the team at Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center. You’ll get expert treatment, from preventative to emergency, for common to complex conditions.
Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center has 14 locations in the southern tier of New York and Finger Lakes region and the northern tier of Pennsylvania. Call 866-488-4743 to make an appointment.
Team Approach to Cardiac and Vascular Care
Our team is the largest and most experienced in the region. Your cardiovascular team at Guthrie includes non-invasive and interventional cardiologists; cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgeons; advanced practice providers; nurses; therapists; and diagnostic technicians, all trained in specialized care for your heart.
We work together across specialties to create a heart care plan that’s right for you.
Top Cardiovascular Care in the Nation
Named one of IBM Health’s Top 50 in Cardiovascular nationwide 11 times, you have expert heart care available right where you live.
Guthrie has a long history of offering the most advanced heart care. We pioneered open heart surgery in 1967 at Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital. Guthrie led the first Structural Heart Program for the treatment of heart and valve defects in our region and was the first to offer patients the benefits of a hybrid operating room for heart and vascular procedures.
Guthrie continues to lead the way today, offering the first TAVR minimally invasive heart valve replacement in the Twin Tiers and providing the Watchman device for treatment of atrial fibrillation.
Advanced Treatment and Technology
- Hybrid Operating Room – the hybrid OR allows doctors to do complex combinations of surgery by using simultaneous real-time imaging. Doctors can see what’s going on through CT and MRI.
- 17,000 Square foot Heart and Vascular Care Center - A state-of-the-art space for cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology and structural heart treatments. You, the patient, are at the center of all care – with private rooms and close proximity to the ICU and operating rooms. A spacious waiting area for your family allows them to be close by and receive real-time updates on your status.
- TAVR – Transcatheter aortic valve replacement is a minimally invasive surgery that can be used in place of traditional open-heart surgery.
- Watchman – a minimally invasive procedure to help prevent stroke if you have Atrial Fibrillation as an alternative to blood thinners.
- Temple University Hospital Heart Failure Program Affiliate: Patients in need of advanced services, including ventricular assist devices (VAD) or transplants, may be referred to Temple for their procedure. Upon discharge from Temple, post-surgical transplant care will be coordinated between Guthrie and Temple specialists.
Specialized Care for Complex Diseases
Take a virtual tour
Take a virtual tour of Guthrie’s Heart and Vascular Center at Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, Pa. Opened in May of 2019, this 17,000-square-foot center is a state-of-the-art space for cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology and structural heart treatments.