Greeting from the Student Coordinator
Welcome to Student Affairs! The Student Affairs office provides support to all students and those who job shadow that want to complete clinical rotations as well as clinical shadowing experiences throughout the Guthrie System. My personal experience of working with both Undergraduate Medical Education and Graduate Medical Education, lends itself to helping students have a smooth onboarding experience so that they can get the most out of their experiences at Guthrie, regardless of the student’s field of study.
Guthrie recognizes the importance of serving our communities and is committed to providing incredible care. Strategic partnerships with medical and academic institutions allow Guthrie to provide optimal learning environments for medical students, residents, fellows, nursing, and allied health students.
Please note that affiliation agreements typically take 90-120 to process.
Ready to request a clinical rotation?
Students wishing to rotate at Guthrie should place their requests here:
Requests must be submitted no less than 60 days in advance.
Check with your school to see if they are going to place the request on your behalf prior to submitting your request. Clinical Rotation requests will be reviewed by our team to ensure that an affiliation with your school exists (and if one is needed for the type of rotation you are requesting). Once that has been verified, the student coordinator will send you information about onboarding. Once your onboarding is completed you will be sent an email to let you know you have been cleared to start your rotation as scheduled.
Some of the required documentation for onboarding include, but are not limited to:
- Clearance documentation of criminal and child abuse background checks (Child Line Application)
- Patch System (organization we use for background checks)
- Proof of immunization
- Please submit proof of MMR, Varicella, HepB and Tdap vaccinations. Tdap must be within 10 years.
- All immunizations must have:
- Date of birth
- Immunization name
- Lot number
- Immunization date
- Administrator signature
- Laboratory documentation is the only acceptable form of titer verification. Lab documentation must have:
- Student's name
- Date of birth
- Date of testing
- Name and contact information of testing facility
- Two step PPD (one within 12 months and the second within 90 days of start of rotation) OR QuantiFERON Gold or Chest X-ray.
|Primary Affiliation’s - Allied Health & Nursing:
Affiliated Medical Schools: