Our team of cardiac and thoracic surgeons brings advanced treatment to our region. Thoracic surgeons treat the lungs, esophagus and other organs in the chest. We use minimally-invasive surgery techniques and enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) protocols which can lead to less pain and shorter recovery.
Call 866-GUTHIRE to make an appointment or consultation.
Thoracic surgeries include:
- Surgery to treat certain types of esophageal disorders
- Surgery to remove part or all of the esophagus (esophagectomy)
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Chest wall resections
- First rib resections for thoracic outlet syndrome
- Pericardial window surgery to relieve excess fluid around the heart
Our thoracic surgeons are part of a lung cancer team from many specialties including oncology, pulmonology and pathology. We work together to develop a patient care plan that is just right for you. Surgical interventions for lung cancer include:
- Video-guided Thoracoscopy