Guthrie’s team of surgeons specializes in the evaluation and treatment of vascular disease – those diseases that affect the circulatory system, including the arteries, veins and lymph vessels and certain blood disorders such as abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), carotid artery disease, peripheral artery disease (PAD) and venous disease.
Guthrie vascular surgeons perform the following surgical or minimally-invasive procedures to unblock arteries and veins and to restore proper blood flow:
- Abdominal aortic surgery.
- Angiography, angioplasty, stenting and bypass for lower extremities.
- Carotid angiography and stenting.
- Dialysis access.
- Endovascular repair of aortic aneurysm.
- Peripheral vascular angiography and stenting.
- Renal angiography and stenting.
- Varicose vein stripping and ligation.
- Vascular access for hemodialysis.
Screening for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
Medicare offers a one-time, free screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) to qualified seniors as part of its Welcome to Medicare physical. This physical must be conducted within the first 12 months of enrollment in Medicare. Qualified seniors are men who have smoked at least 100 cigarettes during their life, and men and women with a family history of AAA.