Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery
Guthrie cardiac surgeons offer a comprehensive scope of surgical procedures for the treatment of diseases of the heart and chest.
Ranked nationally as a Top 50 cardiovascular hospital by Thomson Reuters, Guthrie and its cardiac surgeons are continually seeking new technologies and advancements to further enhance the level of care provided. One of the latest advancements is the opening of a hybrid operating room, offering a dedicated operating room that allows a cardiac surgeon to perform an open heart surgery at the same time as a cardiologist places a cardiac stent.
Areas of special interest include off-pump/beating heart coronary surgery, valve sparing aortic surgery and surgical procedures for heart failure.
Cardiac surgical services include:
- Artificial heart ventricular assist device implantation
- Ascending aortic surgery for aneurysms
- Complex mitral valve repair
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Endothoracic aortic stent grafting for descending thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Heart valve replacements including aortic and mitral valve
- Minimally invasive aortic and mitral valve surgery
- Surgical Anterior Ventricular Restoration (SAVR procedure) for congestive heart failure