Guthrie cardiac and thoracic surgeons offer a comprehensive scope of surgical procedures and the latest technologies in the region’s only hybrid operating room – a state-of-the-art operating room with real-time, high-resolution digital imaging capabilities allowing for complex surgeries and studies to take place simultaneously.
Areas of special interest include off-pump/beating heart coronary surgery, valve sparing aortic surgery and surgical procedures for heart failure.
Cardiac and thoracic interventions include:
- Artificial heart ventricular assist device implantation.
- Ascending aortic surgery for aneurysms.
- Complex mitral valve repair.
- Coronary artery bypass grafting.
- Endothoracic aortic stent grafting for descending thoracic aortic aneurysms.
- Heart valve replacements including aortic and mitral valve. Click here to learn more about the Guthrie Heart Valve Clinic.
- Minimally invasive aortic and mitral valve surgery.
- Surgical Anterior Ventricular Restoration (SAVR) for congestive heart failure.
Guthrie’s thoracic surgeons are part of a lung cancer multi-disciplinary team developing personalized patient care plans in tandem with Guthrie Cancer Center, pulmonology and pathology. Surgical interventions for lung cancer include:
- Video-guided Thoracoscopy