A total of 13 scholarships were awarded in Guthrie’s 45th Annual Health Professions and Employee Scholarship Programs.
Four scholarships were issued to children of Guthrie employees with no restrictions on academic career interest, while the remaining nine scholarships were issued to students throughout the region whose academic endeavors will be directly related to health care. All students will receive $650 a year for four years for undergraduate studies. This year’s winners are listed below.
Children of Employees Scholarships:
- Alexa Wagner, Elmira High School, daughter of James Wagner (Occupational Therapist, Guthrie Clinic)
- Ariana Gambrell, Athens High School, daughter of Lisa Gambrell (RN, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital)
- Mackenzie Heater, Mansfield High School, daughter of Leslie Hall (LPN, Guthrie Clinic Southport)
- Rachel Hutchison, Athens High School, daughter of Adriane Hutchison (RN, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital)
Health Professions Scholarships:
- Jenna Hunsinger, Owego Free Academy
- Mackenzie Tewksbury, Wyalusing Valley High School
- Leah Beinlich, Sullivan County High School
- Mariah Pino, Mansfield High School
- Abigail Durgan, Waverly High School
- Kenna Newman, Corning-Painted Post High School
- Rebecca Shannon, Notre Dame High School
- Anthony Pawlewicz, Newfield High School
- Mikayla Oldenburg, Union-Endicott High School
Congratulations to all the scholarship recipients.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from a twelve-county service area. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is the first health system based in Pennsylvania and New York to join this network. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., Towanda, Pa., Troy, Pa. and Cortland, N.Y., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offering 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities in Pennsylvania and New York. In addition, Guthrie offers home medical equipment and respiratory therapy products at seven convenient Med Supply Depot locations. Guthrie provides a wide range of services and programs to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.
Alexa Wagner, Maria Pino, Jenna Hunsinger, Rebecca Shannon, Mackenzie Heater, Anthony Pawlewicz, Rachel Hutchison, Ariana Gambrell, Kenna Newman, Abigail Durgan and Mackenzie Tewksbury. Not present – Leah Beinlich and Mickayla Oldenburg.