The mission of Guthrie Volunteer Services is to engage the community in supporting Guthrie’s mission of helping those we serve attain optimal, life-long health and well-being by offering the highest quality care and service with compassion.
Our volunteers love to make a difference in our patients’ experiences and for the staff they work with, and Guthrie values these volunteers and the contributions they make every day. Volunteers are an integral part of daily operations and lend their many talents, time and compassion in multiple ways.
Our hospitals offer a wide range of routine and flexible volunteer opportunities to assist patients and staff:
- Wheelchair transport
- Greeting and escorting visitors and patients
- Clerical support
- Special events
- Gift Shop retail clerks
- Admissions volunteers
- Emergency Department, Surgical Waiting Room and ICU assistance
- Flower delivery
- Inter-campus mail delivery
- Errands throughout hospital
- Pastoral care and patient visitation
Becoming a Volunteer
- Guthrie Corning Hospital: Click here to complete a volunteer application. You may also call 607-937-7455, or visit the Volunteer Services office at Guthrie Corning Hospital.
- Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital/Guthrie Clinic: Click here to download a volunteer application. Click on the links below to access other required reading and paperwork
- Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital: Call 570-268-2271.
- Guthrie Troy Community Hospital: Click here to download an application. You may also call 570-297-9293, or stop by the Volunteer Services office at Guthrie Troy Community Hospital.