How to Apply
Candidates for the Pharmacy Residency Program must:
- Possess a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy
- Be eligible for Pennsylvania
Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital will be participating in the Resident Matching Program and The Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCASTM). Residency candidates must also participate in both.
Interested candidates must submit the following to PhORCAS:
- Curriculum vitae
- Official transcript
- At least three personalized letters of recommendation, include at least two from direct patient care preceptors/supervisors
- Letter of intent, please include your answers to the following questions:
- As it relates to your career goals, why have you chosen to pursue a residency? Why at Guthrie?
- Describe a situation in which you influenced a patient’s medication therapy
Potential candidates will be invited for an on-site interview, which will involve giving a brief presentation.
Our residents are required to be licensed in the state of Pennsylvania. This requires passing NAPLEX and PA MPJE.
Residents are required to be licensed in the state of Pennsylvania by September 1 (i.e. passage of NAPLEX and PA MPJE). Failure to obtain licensure may result in dismissal from the program.
Residents who fail to make satisfactory progress on any residency goals and objectives are subject to dismissal, as stated in policies set forth by the program.