How to Apply
The program has designed holistic rubrics the ensure ranking of candidates most likely to be successful in our program. Selection criteria include, but are not exclusive to:
- Academic performance
- Work experience
- Professional involvement
- Community service
- Strong time management, communication, resourcefulness, adaptability, critical thinking, work ethic
To be eligible to apply, candidates must:
- Possess a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited College of Pharmacy or Foreign Graduate with NABP certificate
- Be eligible for Pennsylvania pharmacist licensure within 120 days after start of residency.
- Have citizenship or VISA status that allows paid work in the United States.
Guthrie accepts applications through PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service) only. Candidates must also participate in PhORCAS and the Resident Matching Program.
Applications must include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Official pharmacy school transcript
- At least three letters of recommendation (PhORCAS template), include at least two from either direct patient care preceptors or direct patient care supervisors
- Letter of intent, which must include your answers to the following questions:
- As it relates to your career goals, why have you chosen to pursue a residency? Why at Guthrie?
- Describe a situation in which you demonstrated application of the pharmacist patient care process and the value of the pharmacist to the care team.
The deadline for submitting application materials for Phase I of the match is midnight of the fourth business day after the federal New Year holiday. The deadline for submitting application for Phase II of the match is seven days after the opening of Phase II unless an exception is granted by the RPD.
Candidates who are selected to interview will be invited to join a virtual interview (~2h long) which will include giving a brief presentation and working up a complex case.