There's No One More Qualified than Guthrie's Glaucoma Team of Specialists
Glaucoma is the leading cause of irreversible blindness in the United States and is often referred to as the “silent thief of sight” since it is often asymptomatic. Therefore, people suffering from glaucoma may lose vision without knowing it. Regular eye exams are an important way to detect glaucoma.
Guthrie’s team of therapeutic-certified optometrists and board-certified ophthalmologists include fellowship-trained glaucoma specialists. All of Guthrie’s eye care providers are trained and experienced in diagnosing and treating glaucoma.
Surgical and laser treatments for glaucoma include:
- Combined glaucoma and cataract surgery
- Goniosynechialysis (GSL)
- Trabeculectomy with MitomycinC (MMC)
- Trabeculectomy with ExPRESS™ Shunt
- Ahmed Valve tube implantation
- Bleb revision
- Cyclophotocoagulation (CPC)
- Laser surgeries, including
- Selective Laser Trebeculoplasty (SLT)
- Laser Peripheral Iridotomy (LPI)
- Laser Iriodoplasty