What is Oculoplastic Surgery?
Oculoplastic surgery is also called ophthalmic plastic surgery. It is a branch of ophthalmology that focuses on plastic and reconstructive surgery of the eye, eyebrows and skin around the eyes.
Who Needs Oculoplastic Surgery?
Oculoplastic surgery can treat a number of conditions, including:
- Bulging eyes
- Eyelid conditions such as droopy eyelids, heavy upper eyelids (ptosis), malposition, lesions and tumors
- Eye socket (orbital) conditions such as tumors, infections, injuries and disease
- Dry eye or excess tears
- Skin cancer
- Sun damage to the skin
Oculoplastic surgery is appropriate for patients of all ages. Guthrie’s oculoplastic surgeon is highly trained and offers a number of treatments:
- Blepharoplasty (removal of excess skin/tissue from the eyelid)
- Ptosis (droopy eyelid) repair
- Eyebrow lifts
- Eyelid malposition (entropion/ectropion) repair
- Eyelid lesion removal
- Tear duct surgery (pediatric and adult)
- Orbital surgery
- Botox and fillers