Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of the Guthrie/Robert Packer Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program is to train residents to be proficient, compassionate, well-rounded internists by a proportionate curriculum and working with committed, accomplished clinician educators in the environment of academia and collegial learning. We remain committed to our culture of patient-centeredness, teamwork and excellence in what we do. We hope that this tradition of collegiality, camaraderie, and clinical innovation helps residents prepare to enter their chosen field of interest.
- Promote the health of the community we serve by the vision of compassionate care, empowering our patients to make healthy choices and by improving access to care.
- Upon completion of training, be proficient internists either starting their careers as hospitalists, generalists, or beginning their fellowships.
- Provide residents a firm background in quality improvement, develop an interest in protecting patient rights and improving safety as we practice medicine in this changing environment.
- To encourage residents to be enthusiastic, self-directed learners and maintain curiosity and embrace the joy of practicing medicine.
- To build the program on a culture of wellness, resiliency, collaboration, and teamwork which will help navigate the changing healthcare landscape.