How to Apply
Our program accepts applications only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) and participates in the NRMP Match. All interviews for the 2021 Match will be conducted virtually.
The Internal Medicine residency program receives over 4,500 applications per year for our twelve categorical positions. We base selection upon a number of factors including academic performance, letters of recommendation, personal qualities, clinical performance, and USMLE scores.
Interview days will be held from mid-November through mid-February for the 2021 Match. Due to the volume of applicants, we cannot guarantee e-mail or phone responses to application or invitation inquiries. All interview scheduling will be done through ERAS Scheduler e-mail.
- We are targeting applicants with single-attempt scores above 200 for USMLE Step 1 and 215 for USMLE Step 2 CK, or above 550 on each of COMLEX 1 and 2CE.
- USMLE Step 3 is expected for applicants desiring visa support. Preference will be given to applicants who have scored 205 or above.
- Three letters of recommendation are required. At least one letter should be from a faculty member at your medical school.
- US clinical experience is preferred but not required.
- Pass on clinical skills at the first attempt is preferred.
- Research experience is helpful but not required.
- Graduation from medical school in five years or less is desired, but consideration may be given to candidates who have received advanced post-graduate degree/training.
- Preference is given to graduates of premier medical schools.
- ECFMG certified, if applicable.
- J-1 and H1B considered for highly qualified candidates
- We do not offer observerships/externships.
Applications are accepted until November 1st
ERAS Program I.D. #: 140-41-12-389