The Guthrie Sports Medicine approach focuses on early intervention that addresses total body concept, as well as the specific injury itself. If not treated appropriately, sports injuries may limit or prevent individuals from participating in their sport, work, or certain daily activities. Our interdisciplinary approach enables individuals to return to their active lifestyles and to their sport more quickly with improved results.
The Guthrie Sports Medicine team includes fellowship-trained surgeons, primary care providers, nurses, athletic trainers, physical therapists and occupational therapists all focused on the best course of care for each patient. Guthrie offers sports medicine services in several convenient locations including Corning NY, Big Flats NY, Ithaca NY and Sayre Pa. Guthrie also provides athletic training services to several local high schools in Steuben, Chemung, Bradford and Tioga Counties.
Guthrie Sports Medicine offers an access clinic in the Guthrie Corning Centerway office that focuses on the timely treatment of athletes:
- Same day appointments including after school hours
- On-site X-ray
- Advances imaging including MRI and CT
- On-site casting/splinting and medical equipment
- A focus on educating athletes and their families
Impact concussion testing
- Certified physical therapists and physician assistants
- Skilled orthopaedic surgeons trained in the latest pediatric and sports medicine surgery techniques
- State-of-the-art rehabilitation facility – HealthWorks Wellness and Fitness Center
- Integrated treatment, testing and rehabilitation
Many area high schools use Guthrie services to prevent sports injury and protect their interscholastic athletes.
The available services include:
- Pre-participation sports physicals
- On-site IMPACT testing for both pre-season and post concussion
- Practice and event coverage by certified athletic trainers
- Acute care of traumatic sports injuries
- On-site physicians during home varsity football games
- Sports injury assessment and prevention training
- Communication to parents, athletes, coaches and sports medical directors
- Easy access to medical evaluation and treatment by our sports medicine providers