Guthrie’s Diabetes Center offers a comprehensive team approach to lifelong management of Type I and Type II diabetes for children, adolescents and adults. Accredited by the American Diabetes Association, Guthrie’s staff provides the highest level of service and education through its professional continuous glucose monitoring system (CGMS).
Guthrie’s endocrinologists, along with certified diabetes educators including two registered nurses and one registered dietician, specialize in the prevention and management of the following conditions:
- Type I diabetes - The body stops producing insulin or produces too little insulin to regulate blood glucose levels.
- Type II diabetes – The body is resistant to insulin and secretes more insulin to overcome the resistance.
- Gestational diabetes - A form of diabetes that occurs during the second half of pregnancy.
Through Guthrie’s services, patients will learn how to manage diet, incorporate daily exercise and manage medication to stay healthy and prevent complications such as heart attacks, strokes, blindness, kidney failure, and amputations.
Take the free diabetes test, provided by American Diabetes Association®.
Guthrie’s team provides individualized care of diabetes through:
- Rigorous blood glucose management
- Lipid and blood pressure management
- Education on monitoring and maintaining blood sugar levels at home
- Thorough checks on feet and lower legs for cuts, scrapes, blisters, and other lesions that could be infected and refer to our Wound Care Center if necessary
- Monthly diabetes Self-Management Program
- Healthy Living Program through the Guthrie Weight Loss Center
If you are using insulin and have been asked to send your blood glucose levels to the Guthrie Diabetes Center - you can now do this in eGuthrie.