New students may apply for admission to the program in the fall semester or spring semester. Students not already enrolled at Mansfield University must apply for admission to the Mansfield University Admission office. Early application is encouraged since class size is limited. The application form is available online at www.mansfield.edu or students should call Admissions 1-800-577-6826 or 570-662-4243 or email email@example.com.
Once the application, application fee, and high school and/or college transcripts have been received, the Admission Office reviews the application
Academic high school preparation for the Respiratory Care Program should include at least 3 credits of math and one credit each of biology and chemistry, with a minimum 2.7 grade point average in the math and science courses. In additional, prospective students must be able to:
- Communicate in oral and written English.
- Hear normal speech.
- Work with both hands simultaneously. Walk unassisted for hours at a time.
- Assist with moving patients.
- Work with blood and body fluids.
- Work with critically ill patients of all ages.
- Analyze information and make appropriate decisions.
- Work as a team.
- Demonstrate compassion and dependability.
- Give of themselves.
Mansfield University students wishing to change their major to respiratory care should contact the Program Director at the Sayre campus (telephone 570-887-4513 or email Sheila.Merrill@guthrie.org). Change in major candidates must have a minimum grade point average of 2.7 and meet the same requirements specified above for other candidates for admission.