Progression in the Program
Students in the Respiratory Therapy program are subject to all the academic requirements of the University. In addition, the following are required for progression in the program:
- A grade of C or above must be earned in all respiratory therapy (RTH) courses.
- A grade of C of above in all math and science courses (CHM 1101/CHM 1110, BSC 1121, BSC 1122, BSC 3271, and MA 1128 or equivalent transferred courses) is required prior to enrollment in the initial respiratory therapy courses offered at Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, PA.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher is required to enroll in all RTH courses.
- Students who fail to achieve a C grade or above after taking CHM 1101/CHM 1110, BSC 1121, BSC 1122, BSC 3271, and MA 1128 (or equivalent transferred courses) for a second time are not eligible to enroll in RTH courses and are automatically dismissed from the respiratory program.
- Students will be dismissed/denied enrollment in any RTH course if they receive a letter grade of C minus (C-) or less in any of the two following courses (including repetition of the same course) anatomy, chemistry, microbiology, and college algebra or equivalent courses and all RTH courses.
- If more than 14 students meet the standards for progression to the initial respiratory therapy courses offered on the Sayre campus, the accredited 14 clinical seats will be given based on grade point averages.