Our program accepts applications only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) and participates in the NRMP Match.
The Internal Medicine residency program receives approximately 4,000 applications per year for our nine categorical positions. We base selection upon a number of factors including academic performance, letters of recommendation, personal qualities, clinical performance, and USMLE scores.
Interview days are held from mid-October through the end of December. Due to the volume of applicants, we cannot guarantee e-mail or phone responses to application or invitation inquiries. All interview scheduling will be done through ERAS scheduler e-mail.
- We are targeting applicants with single-attempt scores above 200 for USMLE Step 1 and 215 for USMLE Step 2 CK, or above 550 on each of COMLEX 1 and 2CE.
- USMLE Step 3 is expected for applicants desiring visa support. Preference will be given to applicants who have scored 205 or above.
- Three letters of recommendation are required. At least one letter should be from a faculty member at your medical school.
- US clinical experience is preferred but not required.
- Pass on clinical skills at the first attempt is preferred.
- Research experience is helpful but not required.
- Graduation from medical school in five years or less is desired, but consideration may be given to candidates who have received advanced post-graduate degree/training.
- Preference is given to graduates of premier medical schools.
- ECFMG certified (ECFMG certificate eligible pending medical school diploma will suffice), if applicable.
- J-1 and H1B considered for highly qualified candidates
- We do not offer observerships/externships.
Applications are accepted until November 1st
ERAS Program I.D. #: 140-41-12-389