Breast Care Center
The Breast Care Center at Guthrie Corning Hospital offers a comprehensive program providing low dose mammography services, on-site clinical breast exams, specialized diagnostic care and breast education. The center is accredited by the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) and accredited in Stereotactic Breast Biopsy by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
To learn more about Guthrie’s comprehensive Breast Care Center services and recommendations for screening, click here.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
To schedule your mammogram, call 1-800-724-6674
The expanded Guthrie Corning Cancer Center adjoins Guthrie Corning Hospital and features a separate patient entrance and dedicated parking. The 18,000 square foot facility offers access to clinical trials, genetic counseling, support services and medical and radiation oncology including private and shared infusion spaces designed for patient comfort.
Click here to learn more about cancer care at Guthrie.
The Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center provides diagnostic cardiology services to determine the best treatment options for cardiac and vascular disease. Experienced physicians and staff perform several non-invasive studies for inpatients, including:
- 64 slice cardiac CT angiography
- 3D echocardiography
- Dobutamine stress echocardiogram
- Exercise stress echocardiogram
- Electrocardiogram testing
- Holter monitoring and event recording
- Nuclear stress testing
- Radionuclide exercise test
- Transesophageal echocardiogram
- Treadmill testing
- Vascular ultrasound
Diagnostic cardiology services are available on an outpatient basis with a referral from a care provider. To make an appointment, call 607-937-8674.
The emergency department is open 24 hours, 7 days a week and includes 18 treatment areas, two Fast Track rooms for assessment and treatment of less serious injuries and illnesses and four outpatient observation bays. The on-site helipad quickly facilitates trauma patients or transfers.
Outpatient infusion services are provided at the Guthrie Corning Cancer and Infusion Center located at Two Guthrie Drive in Corning, N.Y. (186, exit 48).
Treatment and Procedures Include:
- Blood Transfusions
- Intervenous (IV) antibiotics
- PICC line, catheter and port maintenance
- For a complete listing of all treatments and infusions offered at this location, click here
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Appointments are available by calling 607-937-3100. A physician's order is required.
Inpatient Medical/Surgical Care
The hospital features all private patient rooms that are designed to promote healing, optimal health care outcomes and efficiency. Each room has a large private bathroom, a flat screen television, in-room medication management, a large window and furnishings for visiting guests’ daytime and nighttime comfort.
The eight-bed intensive care unit features state-of-the-art monitoring systems and a patient and family-centered approach to healing which includes personalized care plans developed with an interdisciplinary team of providers. Each private room has a large window, an in-room bathroom and is furnished for the comfort of guests.
Labor and Delivery Care
Guthrie Corning Hospital’s Labor and Delivery unit features five labor, delivery, recovery, and postpartum suites; two additional postpartum beds; and a dedicated surgical suite for cesarean delivery. The hotel-like suites are large enough to allow mother, baby and family to enjoy private, quiet bonding time.
Located on the second floor of the facility, the unit offers the peace of mind that comes with both privacy and discreet but strict security.
The Guthrie Corning Hospital Laboratory provides inpatient and outpatient services include blood draw and on-site clinical testing. The laboratory is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Laboratory Services.
- Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. to noon
For more information, please call 607-937-7271.
Guthrie Corning Hospital Medical Imaging provides a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging studies, including:
- Bone Density
- Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Digital Mammography with computer assisted detection and including screening, diagnostic and biopsy procedures
- Emergency and trauma imaging studies
- Interventional radiology services
- Nuclear medicine including nuclear cardiology and SPECT/CT
- Positron Emission Tomography and Computed Tomography (PET/CT)
- Ultrasound including Vascular and Obstetric ultrasound
- X-Ray and fluoroscopy
For information on outpatient medical imaging services and hours, or to schedule an appointment, call 1-800-724-6674.
Guthrie Corning Hospital’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation program is a care and disease management program for patients with chronic lung disease. The program is designed to help patients minimize the effects of lung disease through a combination of education and exercise tailored to meet their unique needs. Outpatient programs include Phase 2 - guided exercise and ongoing education, and Phase 3 - pulmonary health maintenance.
- Monday - Friday: by appointment
Phase 2 and Phase 3 outpatient programs operate in multi-week sessions throughout the year. Patients are eligible to enter the program with a physician's order. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, call 607-937-7612.
The rehabilitation department provides physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and cardiac rehabilitation for inpatients during their stay at Guthrie Corning Hospital seven days a week. Outpatient rehabilitation services are offered at Guthrie HealthWorks Wellness & Fitness Center located in Painted Post, N.Y.
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To schedule an appointment at HealthWorks, call 607-937-4800. Referral is required.
The design of Guthrie Corning Hospital’s five state-of-the-art surgical suites and two procedure rooms enhances patient safety and ease of communication among the surgical team. The expansive suites are outfitted with modern systems and technologies for the following inpatient and outpatient specialty surgical services:
- Cosmetic and Reconstructive
- General Surgery
- Obstetric and Gynecologic
- Orthopaedic with specialties in joint replacement, shoulder repair, sports medicine and general orthopaedics
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat)
The Center for Wound Care Care and Hyperbaric Medicine provides comprehensive treatment for complex wounds, such as:
- Bone infections
- Damage due to radiation therapy
- Diabetic wounds
- Peripheral vascular disease and circulatory-related wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Traumatic wounds