15th Annual Guthrie Sayre Turkey Trot Live Race with Virtual Option for 2021!
Due to the ongoing pandemic, race day will function a little differently this year. The health and well-being of our runners, staff, and volunteers is of utmost importance. Appropriate safety and sanitization guidelines will be followed to provide all who participate in the Guthrie Sayre Turkey Trot an enjoyable experience. We appreciate your patience and partnership as we work together to keep this 15-year running tradition alive in 2021. *All appropriate COVID-19 safety guidelines will be followed.
Live Race Information:
- When: THANKSGIVING DAY! - Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Registration opens at 8 a.m.
- Kids Fun Run begins at 9:30 a.m.
- 5K Race begins at 10 a.m.
- Where: Sayre Theatre, 205 South Elmer Ave., Sayre, Pa.
- $25 for 5K – Live Race
- $25 for Virtual 5K
Registration / Race SWAG and Packet Pick-up
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Registration will close November 21 - DON’T WAIT, REGISTER TODAY!!!
THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY OR LAST-MINUTE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE. REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY!
Race Swag: Register by October 30 to guarantee you will receive your 15th Annual Guthrie Sayre Turkey Trot T-shirt! T-shirts will be available after October 30 while supplies last! Preferred sizing will not be guaranteed after October 30. There are no refunds or exchanges available for T-shirts. *Due to potential delays in T-shirt shipment the timeline to register for guaranteed T-shirts has been shortened this year. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate challenges brought forth by COVID-19.
Early Packet Pick-up: Wednesday, November 24, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., Main Lobby Guthrie Learning Center (formerly School of Nursing), Sayre Campus (Wilbur Avenue Entrance) *Masks and appropriate social distancing will be required when picking up race packets inside a Guthrie facility.
Race Day Packet Pick-up: Thursday, November 25, 7:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m., outside the Sayre Theatre (205 S. Elmer Ave, Sayre, PA 18840) *Masks and appropriate social distancing will be required when picking up race packets inside a Guthrie facility. Early packet pick-up is strongly encouraged to ensure appropriate social distancing can be maintained on race day.
Now Let's Trot!
Be a part of this beloved holiday tradition and the largest 5K in Bradford County! This flat, fast course starts and finishes at the historic Sayre Theatre. The course runs on local streets through the Athens and Sayre Boroughs. *Masks will be recommended for runners while waiting to start the race, after they complete the race, and whenever they cannot safely social distance.
Kids' Fun Run - The Kids' Fun Run (ages 10 and younger) is free and there is no official registration process for our young trotters! Near the race day packet pick-up area at the Sayre Theatre on race morning, the kids can fill in a paper with their name and enter in a drawing for a free raffle prize! The first 50 kids receive a free gift!
- 9:15 a.m. - Kids' Fun Run warm up at the Sayre Theatre under the marquee
- 9:25 a.m. - Raffle drawing
- 9:30 a.m. - All children ages 10 and younger will line up at the intersection of South Elmer Avenue and West Hayden Street and run down South Elmer Avenue to the Turkey Trot finish line in front of the Sayre Theatre marquee. Parents can run the Kids' Fun Run with their little turkeys for free!
Race Results and Awards
Race results will be posted online immediately following the race. There will be no in-person awards ceremony. The top two - three finishers in our LIVE race from each age group and the overall winners will receive a medal. All awards will be mailed safely and contact-free right to your doorstep post-race.
5K Awards: *LIVE RACE ONLY
- Top 5K Male & Female finishers - 1st place: $100 gift card / 2nd place: $75 gift card / 3rd place: $50 gift card
- First Masters (age 40-49) Male & Female 5K participants: $50 gift card
- First Grand Masters (age 50-59) Male & Female 5K participants: $50 gift card
- First Senior (age 60-69) Male and Female 5K participants: $50 gift card
- Race Route Record Breaker - The person who sets the next Sayre Turkey Trot USA Track & Field certified race route record: $50 gift card (The current male record set in 2017: 16:16:71 by John Johnson. The current female record set in 2017: 18:03:32 by Kenzie Jones.)
- Teams awards: 1st thru 3rd all male, all female, co-ed
- Age group awards: 1st thru 3rd in each age group 12 and under, 13-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
Virtual Race Information
IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO RUN A LIVE EVENT, THAT'S OK! WE WILL ALSO HAVE A VIRTUAL OPTION THIS YEAR.
Virtual Race Time and Place:
Virtual race will take place November 22-26. Run anytime, anyplace Thanksgiving week! *Turkey Trot official course will be closed to virtual runners during the hours of the live race November 25.
Virtual Race Swag:
Virtual 5K Race Virtual runners who register by October 30 will receive a Turkey Trot T-shirt and commemorative bib!
Virtual race participants are not eligible for age group or overall awards. Virtual participants only will be able to record their own time and challenge themselves by tracking other virtual racers. Remember, this is based on the honor system. No need to upload data to Strava or record your mile with a GPS. Once you are registered, you will be able to upload your time using the following steps:
- Step 1: Make sure you are logged into RunSignUp (use the email you used to register).
- Step 2: Click on the RESULTS then click on the blue box that says SUBMIT VIRTUAL RESULTS. Search for your name.
- Step 3: Add your time and save your results. It might take a few minutes to update in the overall results, but you can refresh the page and wait. That's it! You are done
Who Do The Race Proceeds Benefit?
Proceeds from the Sayre Turkey Trot will benefit Guthrie’s Cancer Care Fund. This fund was designed to help with the many financial burdens that come with fighting a cancer diagnosis, whether it's arranging payment to heat a home for a patient undergoing chemotherapy or providing gas gift cards to patients just to get them back and forth to treatment.
In the event the Sayre Turkey Trot live race is forced to cancel, all participants will automatically be transitioned to the virtual race. Refunds will not be available.
For questions e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org