38TH ANNUAL GUTHRIE GALLOP LIVE RACE WITH VIRTUAL OPTION FOR 2022!
Due to the ongoing pandemic, race day will function a little differently this year. The health and well-being of our runners, staff, and volunteers is of utmost importance. Appropriate guidelines will be followed to provide all who participate in the Guthrie Gallop an enjoyable experience. We appreciate your patience and partnership as we work together to keep this 37-year running tradition alive in 2022. *All appropriate COVID-19 safety guidelines will be followed.
LIVE RACE INFORMATION
- When: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- 10K Race begins at 8:00 a.m.
- 5K Race begins at 9:30 a.m.
- Kids' Fun Run begins at 9:15 a.m.
- Where: Sayre Theatre, 205 South Elmer Avenue Sayre, PA
- $22 Early Bird for 5K Live or Virtual Race (January 1 - February 28)
- $22 Early Bird for 10K Live or Virtual Race (January 1 - February 28)
- $32 Early Bird for both 5K & 10K Live or Virtual Race (January 1 - February 28)
- $25 for 10K – Live Race (March 1 - May 6)
- $25 for 5K – Live Race (March 1 - May 6)
- $35 for both 10K and 5K – Live Race (March 1 - May 6)
REGISTRATION/ RACE SWAG/ AND PACKET PICK-UP
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Registration will close May 6 - DON’T WAIT, REGISTER TODAY!!!
Race Swag - STAY TUNED! More information to come on the 2022 Guthrie Gallop race swag!
Packet Pick-up - STAY TUNED! More information to come on the 2022 Guthrie Gallop packet pick-up process!
NOW LETS GALLOP!
It is almost time for the 38th Annual Guthrie Gallop 5K & 10K race. The Guthrie Gallop will be held in downtown Sayre live and in-person! This course starts and finishes at the historic Sayre Theatre. The course runs on local streets through the Athens and Sayre Boroughs. *All appropriate COVID-19 safety guidelines will be followed.
Kids Fun Run - The Kids' Fun Run (ages 10 and younger) is free and there is no official registration process for our young trotters! Near the race day packet pick-up area at the Sayre Theater on race morning, the kids can fill in a paper with their name and enter in a drawing for a free raffle prize! The first 50 kids receive a free gift!
- 9:00 a.m. - Raffle drawing at the Sayre Theatre under the marquee
- 9:15 a.m. - All children ages 10 and younger will line up at the intersection of S. Elmer Ave and W. Hayden St. and run down S. Elmer Ave to the Guthrie Gallop finish line in front of the Sayre Theater marquee. Parents can run the Kids' Fun Run with their little gallopers for free!
Race Results and Awards - STAY TUNED! More information to come on the 2022 Guthrie Gallop race results and awards!
Overall Awards: *LIVE RACE ONLY
- 5K male/female
- 10K male/female
Age group awards: *LIVE RACE ONLY
- 1st and 2nd in each age group: 10K: Under 16, 16-20, 21-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over
- 1st thru 3rd in each age group: 5K: Under 10, 10-15, 16-20, 21-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
VIRTUAL RACE INFORMATION
IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO RUN A LIVE EVENT, THAT'S OKAY! WE WILL ALSO HAVE A VIRTUAL OPTION THIS YEAR.
Virtual Race Time and Place:
Virtual race will take place May 9th - May 13th. Run anytime, anyplace Gallop week! *Guthrie Gallop official course will be closed to virtual runners during the hours of the live race May 14th.
Virtual Race Swag - STAY TUNED!
More information to come on the 2022 Guthrie Gallop virtual race swag! Virtual race participants are not eligible for age group or overall awards.
VIRTUAL Participants only will be able to record their own time and challenge themselves by tracking other virtual racers. Remember, this is based on the honor system. No need to upload data to Strava or record your mile with a GPS. Once you are registered, you will be able to upload your time using the following steps:
- Step 1: Make sure you are logged into RunSignUp (use the email you used to register).
- Step 2: Click on the RESULTS then click on the blue box that says SUBMIT VIRTUAL RESULTS. Search for your name.
- Step 3: Add your time and save your results. It might take a few minutes to update in the overall results, but you can refresh the page and wait. That's it! You are done
WHO DO THE RACE PROCEEDS BENEFIT?
Race Beneficiary - STAY TUNED! More information to come on the 2022 Guthrie Gallop beneficiary.
The 2021 Guthrie Gallop raised over $11,000 for Guthrie’s Cancer Care Fund. This fund was designed to help with the many financial burdens that come with fighting a cancer diagnosis, whether its arranging payment to heat a home for a patient undergoing chemotherapy or providing gas gift cards to patients just to get them back and forth to treatment. Because of your generosity, Guthrie cancer patients will receive the critical financial assistance they need while the finish their fight against cancer.
*Thank you to our 2021 sponsors! Your support makes a meaningful difference to those in need!
Sponsorships - STAY TUNED! More information to come on the 2022 Guthrie Gallop sponsorship opportunities!
2022 GUTHRIE RACE SERIES
Register and complete both the 38th Annual Guthrie Gallop and the 16th Annual Guthrie Sayre Turkey Trot to receive a commemorative Guthrie Race Series gift! *Gifts are available after the completion of the Guthrie Sayre Turkey Trot. *Virtual runners are eligible to participate in the Guthrie Race Series.
In the event the Guthrie Gallop live race is forced to cancel, all participants will automatically be transitioned to the virtual race. Refunds will not be available.
RACE CONTACT INFO
For questions e-mail Susan Sinay at firstname.lastname@example.org