We appreciate your patience and partnership as we work together to keep this 37-year running tradition alive in 2021.
Appropriate COVID-19 safety and sanitization guidelines will be followed to provide all who participate in the Guthrie Gallop an enjoyable experience.
- Saturday, May 15, 2021 - New Date This Year
- Sayre Theater 205 South Elmer Avenue Sayre, PA
- 10K Race begins at 8 a.m. - watch course tour
- 5K Race begins at 9:30 a.m. - watch course tour
- Guthrie Gallop supports the Guthrie Cancer Care Fund providing financial support to those Guthrie patients facing a cancer diagnosis.
Registration for the 37th Annual Guthrie Gallop 5K and 10K
- $25 for 10K – Live Race
- $25 for 5K – Live Race
- $35 for both 10K and 5K – Live Race
Registration now open and will close May 11 - LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE FOR LIVE RACE! DON’T WAIT, REGISTER TODAY!!!
Race Swag - Register by April 26 to guarantee you will receive your 37th Annual Guthrie Gallop t-shirt.
*T-shirts may be available after April 26 in limited quantities. There are no refunds or exchanges available for t-shirts.
THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY OR LAST-MINUTE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE. REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY!
Sponsorship opportunities are available for the 37th Annual Guthrie Gallop 5k and 10K.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic closely. The safety of our valued participants, staff, sponsors, and volunteers is of utmost importance. We will share more information on the status of the 37th Annual Guthrie Gallop as it becomes available. We appreciate your patience and support, as we move forward into the 2021 race season.
For questions e-mail Susan Sinay at email@example.com
Day of the Race
Race Packet Pick-Up
- UPDATED! Early Packet Pick-up: Friday, May 14, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., School of Nursing Building (Wilbur Ave.) *Masks and appropriate social distancing will be required when picking up race packets
- UPDATED! Race Day Packet Pick-up: Saturday, May 15, 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m., Outside of the Sayre Theater (205 S Elmer Ave, Sayre, PA 18840) *Masks and appropriate social distancing will be required when picking up race packets. Early packet pick-up is strongly encouraged to ensure appropriate social distancing can be maintained on race day
- The 10K live race will consist of 1 wave of 50 runners
- The 5K live race will consist of 5 waves of 45 runners per wave
*Masks will be required for runners while waiting to start their wave, after they complete the race, and whenever they cannot safely social distance.
10K wave start time:
- Wave 1 – 8:00 a.m.
5K wave start times:
- Wave 1 – 9:30 a.m.
- Wave 2 – 9:33 a.m.
- Wave 3 – 9:36 a.m.
- Wave 4 – 9:39 a.m.
- Wave 5 – 9:42 a.m.
Kids Fun Run - Kids Fun Run is canceled for 2021.
Race Results and Awards
Race results will be posted online immediately following the race. There will be no in-person awards ceremony. The top two - three finishers in our LIVE race from each age group and the overall winners will receive a medal. All awards will be mailed safely and contact-free right to your doorstep post-race.
Overall Awards: *LIVE RACE ONLY
- 5K male/female
- 10K male/female
Age group awards: *LIVE RACE ONLY
- 1st and 2nd in each age group: 10K: Under 16, 16-20, 21-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over
- 1st thru 3rd in each age group: 5K: Under 10, 10-15, 16-20, 21-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
Virtual Race Information
IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO RUN A LIVE EVENT, THAT'S OKAY! WE WILL ALSO HAVE A VIRTUAL OPTION THIS YEAR.
Virtual Race Time and Place:
Virtual race will take place May 15th - May 16th. Run anytime, anyplace Gallop weekend!
*Guthrie Gallop's official course will be closed to virtual runners during the hours of the live race on May 15th.
Virtual Registration Fees:
- $25 Virtual 5K Race
- $25 Virtual 10K Race
Watch for an email with more information on race packet, t-shirt, and souvenir bib pick-up!
Virtual race participants are not eligible for age group or overall awards.
VIRTUAL Participants only will be able to record their own time and challenge themselves by tracking other virtual racers. Remember, this is based on the honor system. No need to upload data to Strava or record your mile with a GPS. No one will be looking to DQ you. Once you are registered, you will be able to upload your time using the following steps:
Step 1: Make sure you are logged into RunSignUp (use the email you used to register).
Step 2: Click on the RESULTS then click on the blue box that says SUBMIT VIRTUAL RESULTS. Search for your name.
Step 3: Add your time and save your results. It might take a few minutes to update the overall results, but you can refresh the page and wait. That's it! You are done
In the event the Guthrie Gallop live race is forced to cancel, all participants will automatically be transitioned to the virtual race. Refunds will not be available.