General Surgery Resident Schedule 2020-2021
- There is no difference between a preliminary surgical resident’s rotation schedule and a categorical surgical resident’s rotation schedule. In addition, preliminary surgical residents will not be assigned to Night Float during their interview season.
- MIS Rotation: Minimally Invasive Surgery and Bariatric Surgery Services
- Surg Onc: Surgical Oncology and Colorectal Services
- GI-OR Rotation: (Gastroenterology and Operating Room): This allows residents protected time to procure the necessary training in colonoscopy and EGD, while allowing them to participate in the OR when endoscopic opportunities are not available.
- NF: Night Float
- Trauma: This rotation includes trauma and acute care surgery. There is also an opportunity to participate in initial burn management.
- Thoracic: This rotation focuses on non-cardiac thoracic surgery. There will also be experience in the Cardiac ICU.
- Corning GS: This rotation includes a wide range of general surgery procedures in a smaller community hospital, Guthrie/Corning Hospital. Experiences in endocrine surgery will be available at this site as well.
- Surgical ICU: The rotation includes experience with the full range of surgical ICU, including trauma.
- Peds Surg and Transplant: These rotations are completed at Geisinger Medical Center located in Danville, PA. This allows our residents to have a focused experience in these fields.