General Surgery Resident Schedule 2022-2023
- MIS Rotation: Minimally Invasive Surgery and Bariatric Surgery Services
- Surg Onc: Surgical Oncology and Colorectal Services
- Surg Endos Rotation: (Gastroenterology/Endoscopy): This allows residents protected time to procure the necessary training in colonoscopy and EGD, while allowing them to participate in the OR when endoscopic opportunities are not available.
- NF: Night Float
- Trauma: This rotation includes trauma and acute care surgery. There is also an opportunity to participate in initial burn management.
- Thoracic: This rotation focuses on non-cardiac thoracic surgery. There will also be experience in the Cardiac ICU.
- Corning GS: This rotation includes a wide range of general surgery procedures in a smaller community hospital, Guthrie/Corning Hospital. Experiences in endocrine surgery will be available at this site as well.
- Cortland GS: This rotation includes a wide range of general surgery procedures in a smaller community hospital, Guthrie/Cortland Medical Center. Experiences in endoscopy will be available at this site as well.
- Surgical ICU: The rotation includes experience with the full range of surgical ICU, including trauma.
- Peds Surg and Transplant: These rotations are completed at Geisinger Medical Center located in Danville, PA. This allows our residents to have a focused experience in these fields.