Stipends and Benefits
Annual Stipends as of July 1, 2021:
- PGY-2 - $63,221
- PGY-3 - $65,243
- PGY-4 - $66,713
A relocation allowance of $5,000 is given to each PGY-1 categorical resident, and a relocation allowance of $2,000 is given to each PGY-1 preliminary resident.
Housing, Meals and Uniforms:
- Affordable housing is available on and off campus.
- Meals are furnished at the Robert Packer Hospital cafeteria for residents while on call duty.
- Lunch is available for lectures and conferences held at noontime.
- Each resident is supplied with three white lab coats annually.
- Hospital scrubs are provided and laundered.
Funds are provided for expenses related to the purchase of educational resources, minor equipment, medical society dues, attendance to educational conferences, and travel related to attending an educational conference. The amount of $1,000 is available for PGY-1 residents and $2,000 per year for all PGY-2 and above residents.
Personal Time Off:
- PGY-1 : 3 weeks
- PGY 2-4: 4 weeks
Five working days annually
- Paid medical insurance
- Paid dental insurance
- Paid life insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability