Medical Laboratory Scientists (also known as medical technologists) are one of the most dynamic of all health care professionals. These medical specialists:
- Are medical investigators.
- Solve medical mysteries.
- Perform laboratory tests on blood, and other body fluids.
- Use complex, state-of-the-art instrumentation.
- Use sophisticated microscopes and computers.
- Have specialized knowledge.
- Make decisions about the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Can work in a variety of career settings.
- Can become a CSI (crime scene investigator).