Each report is given a unique report number along with the name of the assay performed. If you have a question about the results of a particular test, please reference the report number on the certificate.
When interpreting the results, remember that:
- The results relate only to the item(s) tested.
- Reports cannot be reproduced, except in full, without the written consent of the LEAP Testing Service.
- The average turnaround time from receipt of samples to the issuance of results varies depending on the tests performed. Bacteria testing can be completed within 48-72 hours. Other tests may take up to 7-10 business days.
- Results are provided electronically and sent to the email address indicated on the Chain of Custody form. A hard copy can be requested for an additional $5 charge. It will be mailed through USPS to the address on the form.
- The report may be withheld for non-payment.
Resources for Interpreting Results
Drinking Water Interpretation Tool (DWIT)
This website provides interpretation of water test results received from a water testing laboratory by entering results into the electronic form.
Disinfection Fact Sheet for Drinking Water Wells
Disinfection procedures that may be carried out by homeowners on an existing well.
Drinking Water Treatment Technologies for Househould Use
A guide for household water treatment
Individual Water Supply Wells - Fact Sheet
Recommended Residential Water Quality Testing
How to Interpret a Water Analysis Report
This article outlines some of the major parameters you may see on the analysis and assists you in understanding the numbers on a water test report.
H2O Solutions – Drinking Water App
With the App you can:
- Identify possible causes of problems by water symptoms
- Water test results by county
The app can be downloaded from the App Store for iPhones and iPads or the Google Play store for Android phones.