Guthrie Physiatry, also commonly called physical medicine and rehabilitation medicine helps to restore functional ability and enhance quality of life to our patients with physical impairments or disabilities. Our physiatrists treat patients of all ages with injuries to the muscles, bones, tissues and the nervous system.
Some commonly treated conditions include:
- Conservative spine care
- Disorders of the spine
- Musculoskeletal disorders (sprains, strains, joint pains etc)
- Post fracture and joint arthroplasty rehabilitative care
- Traumatic conditions of limbs/Amputations/limb deficiency
- Traumatic brain injury (mild to severe)
- Post concussion syndrome
- Spasticity/movement disorders
- Debility and deconditioning
- Peripheral nervous system disorders
- Post cancer treatment related conditions
- Post whiplash headaches
Our physiatrists focus on inpatient and outpatient musculoskeletal and neuromuscular diagnosis and rehabilitation, using therapeutic and diagnostic injection techniques and Electrodiagnostic studies.