Admission to the program is determined by academic and personal qualifications. Acceptance will be considered by the Program Director upon evaluation of the applicant’s official transcript, letters of recommendation and personal interview. Admission to the program will be considered when the applicant has met the following criteria:
- Submittal of application form and fee.
- Official transcript from college or university.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic sources.
- A minimum GPA of 2.70 maintained throughout academic history.
- A minimum of 3 credits of Math Statistics is required.
- Minimum grade of “C” in all required prerequisite courses.
- Completion of at least 90 credit hours of academic credit.
- 16 credit hours in Biology (to include 4 credits in microbiology, 4 credits in immunology and 4 credits of molecular biology)
- 16 credit hours in Chemistry (to include 8 credits of organic chemistry or biochemistry)
- Compliance with Essential Functions (described in the Program Catalog).
- Signed Technical Standards for Admissions form.
- Students who wish to work in New York State, must have a B.S. degree in clinical laboratory sciences (CLS) upon completion of the clinical year at Robert Packer Hospital.
Upon successful completion of the college curriculum and clinical internship, the student becomes eligible to sit for nationally recognized certification examinations, administered by the American Society for Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) Board of Certification (BOC).