Welcome to the Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital Emergency Medicine Program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital is the flagship tertiary care center for the Guthrie health system, which is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. Our Level II Trauma center is nestled between the Endless Mountains region of Pennsylvania and the Finger Lakes region of central New York State. It is the region’s premier comprehensive health care center accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation. For over 130 years Guthrie has served this growing community with state-of-the-art patient centered care.
Here are some facts about Guthrie:
- 1,000,000 - the number of patient visits to the system each year making Guthrie the region’s largest health care provider.
- 10,000 – the square mile catchment area encompassing 12 counties bordering New York and Pennsylvania. Our patients come from far and wide to receive care from all the major specialties at Guthrie.
- 27,000 – the square footage of the new state of the art emergency department.
- 5,478 – the number of trauma activations and critically ill patients cared for in the ED in 2017.
- 5,500 – the number of employees between five affiliated hospitals and 32 clinics.
- 18 – the total number of Emergency Medicine residents at Guthrie projected by 2022… we hope you will be one of them!
As well as working hand in hand with our primary care services teams, our Emergency Medicine residents will work in conjunction with a wide range of additional specialties including:
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Interventional radiology
- Orthopedic surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Rehabilitation services
- Trauma Surgery