Adult Day Health Care Program
The only program of its kind in this region, Guthrie Cortland Medical’s Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) provides comprehensive health care services to the disabled, chronically ill, and elderly in a comfortable, homelike setting. Blending nursing care with social activities in a cheerful, rehabilitative environment, our program treats every person as an individual and not as a person with disabilities.
ADHC clients are often coping with a variety of health challenges, from varying stages of dementia or uncontrolled diabetes, to mental health and cardiac conditions, and more. Our program operates Monday through Saturday and is especially helpful for primary caregivers who are employed outside the home. Services include (but are not limited to):
- Administration of medications
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Nursing and personal care needs (i.e. wound care, showers, vitals)
- Prescription and appointment management
- Social work and community resource support for patients and families
- Recreation therapy, including crafts, baking, exercise, therapy pet visits, live music and more.
For more information please call 607-756-3916.