How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital as a site for your residency training.
Guthrie processes resident applications only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Visit www.aamc.org/students/eras/. The application due date is variable for each program and match day is in March each year. For more information contact the program's coordinator, Laura Warner, at Laura.Warner@guthrie.org or at 570-887-3585.
Summary of Requirements for All Graduates:
- USMLE Part I and Part II scores above 220 - Pass on Step II CS - all first attempt, no exceptions
- US Clinical Experience is strongly preferred
- Graduation Date within 3 Years
- FMG's must be ECFMG certified
- If applying for a Preliminary Surgery position, a position for the following year is desired (i.e.: Anesthesiology, Radiology, etc.) Our program is non-pyramidal; therefore, there are no positions in the second year for those interested in General Surgery.
- In most cases, our institution sponsors J-1 visas only - If you are considering an H1-B, you must have proof of passing USMLE Step III and this must be approved by Guthrie's Department of Medical Education.