Guthrie Otolaryngology has board certified ENT physicians and speech language specialists who treat problems in voice, speech and swallowing - some of our most essential daily functions.
Guthrie Voice and Speech Center
Voice disorders are typically indicative of other medical problems. Guthrie evaluates and treats many types of voice disorders with a wide range of services, for not only pediatric and adult patients, but those who use their voices as a profession.
Guthrie offers these behavioral, medical, and surgical treatment approaches for voice problems:
- Arytenoid adduction.
- Vocal cord augmentation to restore your voice.
- Vocal cord microsurgery for vocal cord lesions.
- Vocal cord injections.
- Laryngeal reconstruction for a narrowed or injured voicebox.
- Voice therapy for voice rehabilitation.
- Laryngeal laser surgery for vocal cord problems.
- Professional singing voice therapy.
Swallowing Disorders Center
At the Guthrie Swallowing Disorders Center, a team of doctors and speech-language pathologists focuses their expertise to diagnose and treat swallowing problems.
Guthrie aims to:
- Find the precise cause of your swallowing problem.
- Restore swallowing function to an optimal level.
- Improve your nutrition.
- Improve your quality of life.
- Achieving the utmost insight and knowledge of swallowing disorders through research.
The Swallowing Disorders Center offers special services and treatment programs integrated with speech-language pathologists, including:
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- Head and neck cancer rehab.
- Strength and exercise programs.
- Biofeedback treatment.
- Breathing retraining.
- Educational resources for patients, family members, and health care professionals.
In addition, we offer customized treatment programs for swallowing problems brought on by diseases of the nervous system, such as:
- ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig's disease).
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Myasthenia gravis.
- Parkinson’s disease.
To make an appointment or learn more about any of our voice, speech, speech-language pathology or swallowing services, please contact the Guthrie ENT Clinic in Sayre at 570-887-2849.