Guthrie Voice and Speech Center
Voice, speech and swallowing are some of our most essential daily functions. If you are experiencing issues, we have an Otolaryngology team, board certified ENT physicians and speech language specialists who can help diagnose and treat problems.
Voice disorders are typically a sign of other medical problems. We evaluate and treats many types of voice disorders with a wide range of services for pediatric and adult patients. We can also serve those who use their voices as a profession.
Guthrie offers these behavioral, medical, and surgical treatment approaches for voice problems:
- Arytenoid adduction
- Vocal cord augmentation to restore your voice
- Vocal cord microsurgery for vocal cord lesions
- Vocal cord injections
- Laryngeal reconstruction for a narrowed or injured voicebox
- Voice therapy for voice rehabilitation
- Laryngeal laser surgery for vocal cord problems
- Professional singing voice therapy
- Swallowing Disorders Center
Guthrie Swallowing Disorders Center
At Guthrie Swallowing Disorders Center, our team of doctors and speech-language pathologists focuses their expertise to diagnose the precise cause of your swallowing problem.
We work to restore swallowing function to an optimal level, improve your nutrition and improve your quality of life.
We also offer special services and treatment programs integrated with speech-language pathologists, including:
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- Head and neck cancer rehab
- Strength and exercise programs
- Biofeedback treatment
- Breathing retraining
- Educational resources for patients, family members, and health care professionals
In addition, we offer customized treatment programs for swallowing problems brought on by diseases of the nervous system, such as:
- ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig's disease).
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Myasthenia gravis.
- Parkinson’s disease.
To make an appointment or learn more about any of our voice, speech, speech-language pathology or swallowing services, please contact the Guthrie ENT Clinic in Sayre.