Available only in Pennsylvania, Guthrie Hospice staff is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and comfort to the patient and his/her loved ones. The specialty-trained staff works with the patient and family to create a plan of care with an emphasis on maintaining independence and quality of life. To accomplish this goal, we offer a wide range of services to meet the medical, psychological and spiritual needs of our patients.
Some benefits of Guthrie Hospice include:
- Staff is available 24 hours a day to answer questions and provide visits as necessary.
- Medication, medical equipment and supplies are provided as needed for the comfort of the patient.
- Physicians, patients and family members may request Hospice services when needed.
- Bereavement and grief services are available for family as needed for up to 13 months after the loss of a loved one.
- Guthrie Hospice is certified by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO).
- Hospice nurses and aides are certified in hospice and palliative care by the National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Nurses (NBCHPN).
Guthrie Hospice offers a full range of services including:
- Aides for personal care
- Spiritual support and counseling
- Medical social work
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Dietary counseling
- Short-term inpatient care
- Durable medical equipment
- Comfort Touch massage
For more information of hospice, please call 1-800-598-6155.
- Annual Memorial Service
Each year Guthrie Hospice holds an annual memorial service. As part of the memorial service, we have a special butterfly release in remembrance of those who have died. Click here for more informations on the event.
- Golf for Hospice
The mission of the tournament is to raise funds for Guthrie Hospice to enhance and support Hospice programs and services. Click here to learn more about the event.