Guthrie’s team of experienced cataract surgeons performs more than 2,500 cataract surgeries a year. Guthrie cataract surgeons are at the forefront of new technology and innovative procedures in cataract surgery, offering the latest in lens implant options, including monofocal, toric and the accommodating Crystalens® to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, reading vision or astigmatism.
Cataract surgery is performed at Guthrie using the most advanced equipment available—technology that Guthrie cataract surgeons helped to design. A minimally invasive surgical technique with a micro-incision is used, which helps provide a faster visual recovery.
Available cataract surgeries:
- Routine to advanced or complex cataract surgery with lens implantation
- Lens implants for the correction of nearsightedness, farsightedness, reading vision or astigmatism
- Monofocal, toric and acccommodating lenses
- Combined glaucoma and cataract surgery
- Combined retina and cataract surgery