Group Fitness Classes
A variety of classes are offered to help improve individual motivation and enjoyment through group fitness programs. These are offered at no additional cost to members.
- Aqua-Fit: A full body workout complete with a warm-up, stretching, cardio, toning and cool-down. This class utilizes noodles, hand buoys, and various water aerobic exercises.
- Chair Fitness: This class utilizes a chair to focus on fitness. Components of the class include cardio, strength training, core, and balance work. Some stretching and flexibility is also be highlighted throughout the class.
- Chair Yoga: Chair yoga is a gentle form of yoga that can be done sitting on a chair, or standing on the ground while using the chair for support. It is beneficial for people with limited mobility and for those who want to participate in yoga.
- Circuit Training: A total body workout, circuit style. This class offers stations of cardio. Strength, plyometric and core training focus. Maximize your calorie burn and total body training.
- Core: This class is all about the core! Toning and strengthening muscles in the abdominal and low-back region, plus glute work. Each class focuses on breathing, technique and is modified for a variety of upper and lower back problems.
- Fit Camp: This program gets you in shape with military-style training led by an experienced instructor. Featuring tactical training techniques used to provide cardio and strength workout. Classes may be held outside, depending on weather.
- Fitness Yoga: Complement your exercise routine with our fitness yoga flow. Increase your flexibility, balance, strength and body awareness while deepening your concentration. Let your breath guide you as you move quietly through a sequence of yoga postures carefully selected with your comfort in mind. All body types and ability levels are welcome.
- Functional Fitness: This is a circuit style class. After a warm-up, we move into
a circuit routine including: resistance work with dumbbells or tubing; cardio at varying levels of intensity; standing core and balance work; cool-down/stretch. The class ends with agility/hand-eye coordination activities
- Gentle Yoga: This class begins with a focus on strengthening and stretching the entire body in a way that is comfortable for different body types and physical conditions. Then we move into deeper stretches focusing on releasing deep rooted tension in the body. We finish with a few restorative poses that deeply stretch the spine, legs and hips and can be held for several minutes. This class is appropriate for all ages and all levels of fitness.
- Group Cycling: This is a high intensity class that takes place on our cycling bikes. Each interval-based ride can be tailored to your training needs. Whether you’re just starting out, re-gaining your fitness level or trying to stay on top of your conditioning, cycling delivers! If you are new to cycling, please bring water and a towel and arrive early for a brief orientation led by the instructor.
- High Intensity Training (HIT): This class is not for beginners. HIT stands for High Intensity Training, and each week features a different workout. You will be challenged each time you take this class. In this class, we use dumbbells, kettlebells, bars, bands and plyometric boxes. Speed and agility training are also involved. This class helps you become faster and more explosive.
- Mindfulness Yoga: During this gentle yoga class, an instructor leads participants through a mindfulness exercise during the first portion of the class. A mindfulness exercise then connects to the Yoga poses throughout the remainder of the session. Participants are welcome to utilize a chair if needed.
- Spin & Strength: A 45-minute dynamic, fast paced, cardiovascular and strength workout. This class is designed to build your cardiovascular endurance and strength while challenging your overall muscular strength. It is a great overall workout. All fitness levels are welcome.
- Warrior Workout: Are you ready to train like a gladiator? Then this is the class for you! With a combination of Kettlebell movements, plyometrics and body weight work, this will help take your body to the next level of strength and power, and help create that lean look you’ve always wanted.
- The Works: A 45-minute class combining cardio exercises and strength training through full range of motion to increase endurance, strength and enhance flexibility. Class format varies by instructor and may include use of dumbbells, balls and bands. All levels welcome.
- Yoga: This class is based on the Hatha style of Yoga. This class guides you through movement that develops strength, flexibility, and a deep connection between, body, mind and breath. You will enhance your understanding of the postures and basic alignment in the body, breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Yoga Flow: This class is based on the Vinyasa class style, with a connection to breath and movement. Participants will move through different postures, helping to improve strength and flexibility, increase stamina, and focus on a mind body connection. The class includes modifications to allow for all levels to leave feeling tranquil, powerful and centered.
- Zumba: Get ready for a party! This class combines international dance and fitness for an energizing cardio workout. Fast and slow rhythms of dance such as the Salsa, Merengue, and the Cumbia are combined to tone your entire body and burn fat. This class will exhilarate you in one hour while burning calories, engaging your core, building muscle, and learning awe-inspiring dance moves that will engage you in fitness for life. Zumba is meant for all levels.