To determine the exact cause of your hearing loss, and how it can best be managed, contact your physician for a complete medical examination. If you suspect you have hearing loss, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have a problem hearing over the telephone?
- Do you have trouble following conversations if two or more people are talking at the same time?
- Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
- Do you have to strain to understand conversation?
- Do you have trouble hearing in a noisy background?
- Do you find yourself asking people to repeat themselves?
- Do many people you talk to seem to mumble or not speak clearly?
- Do you misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
- Do you have trouble understanding the speech of women and children?
- Do people get annoyed because you misunderstand what they say?
If you answered yes to three or more of these questions, you may want to seek a hearing evaluation with one of our audiologists.
To schedule a hearing evaluation, call the Guthrie Sayre Otolaryngology at 570-887-2849.