Call with questions about COVID-19 symptoms, transmission, prevention and testing.
COVID-19 Information Lines:
How can I protect myself and my family from catching this virus?
Because there is not yet a vaccine for COVID-19, your best defense is prevention.
- Stay away from sick people
- When possible, maintain a distance of 6 feet from other people
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect your home and workspace frequently
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially if they are visibly dirty and after using the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
Should I wear a mask to protect myself?
The CDC does not recommend that healthy people wear a mask to protect against respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19. Face masks should only be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
Please do not take a mask from one of our facilities unless you are sick. Guthrie needs these masks for our sick patients.
Can I get the virus by touching objects from countries where there are outbreaks?
Because the virus does not survive for long periods of time on surfaces, there is likely a very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks. There is no evidence of transmission through imported goods.