Guthrie represents the core values of patient centeredness, teamwork, and excellence. Its fellowship program is committed to these values as they seek to prepare leaders in the field of cardiovascular medicine. The program exists amidst an integrated health care system employing a sophisticated electronic medical record. As a training program within a busy tertiary care hospital, clinical variety is extensive. The faculty is committed to a personalized, unsurpassed training environment.
As a major health care provider, Guthrie’s Robert Packer Hospital encompasses the geographic, socioeconomic, and cultural diversity that affords an excellent training environment.
- More than 10,000 echocardiographic studies
- 29,000 electrocardiograms and ambulatory monitoring
- 2,800 exercise stress tests
- 2,000 left heart catheterizations are faculty supervised (9 cardiologists) annually
- Approximately 300 patients undergo cardiac surgery
- More than 750 patients undergo interventional cardiovascular procedures
- In the electrophysiology laboratory, more than 500 EP studies performed annually in addition to 500 device implantations.
Highlights of Program
- Diverse referral patient population
- Plenty of hands-on experience
- Daily teaching conferences
- Faculty delivered didactics
- Fellows receiving level II training in Echo, Cardiac CT and Nuclear Cardiology
- Part of many multicenter trials
- Large database of patients undergoing PCI- GHOST
- Guthrie Research Foundation
- Institutional grants
The site and faculty are committed to a rigorous educational program that will result in outstanding trainees from a highly selected applicant pool.
For More Information:
Cardiovascular Fellowship Program
Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital
One Guthrie Square
Sayre, PA 18840 (570) 887-5500
For more detailed information about our program visit FREIDA online.