Guthrie Nephrology treats adults with kidney disease. For patients requiring dialysis, Guthrie is the only service in the Twin Tiers region to provide the convenience and flexibility of a home-based dialysis program.
Learn more about Guthrie Dialysis
Guthrie Nephrology offers evaluation for the following symptoms:
- Acute renal failure, a sudden loss of renal function
- Chronic kidney disease, declining renal function, usually with an unavoidable rise in creatinine, phosphate in muscle, a break-down product of creatinine
- Hematuria, blood in the urine
- Proteinuria, the loss of protein especially albumin in the urine
- Recurrent kidney stones
- Chronic or recurrent urinary tract infections
- Hypertension that has failed to respond to multiple forms of anti-hypertensive medication
- Electrolyte disorders or acid/base imbalance
Depending on insurance, patients may be required to have a referral from a physician or nurse practitioner.
Scheduling a nephrology appointment at any location is easy with our centralized number:
Call 866-GUTHRIE (866-488-4743)