Because the majority of our testing is done locally, specimens are collected quickly, results can be delivered more quickly, and supplies can be replenished when you need them.
- Convenient specimen collection locations
- Home phlebotomy service
- Nursing home phlebotomy service
- Daily courier service with lockboxes available for off-hours pickup
Guthrie Laboratory Services operates under the direction of six board-certified clinical and anatomical pathologists to ensure the highest quality results for providers. Guthrie also has one of the region’s only board-certified dermatopathologists for skin diseases and diagnoses including melanoma and basal cell carcinoma.
- Clinical and anatomic pathology
- Clinical chemistry
- Hematology and coagulation
- Microbiology and molecular microbiology
- Toxicology (limited)
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Transfusion Medicine
To learn more about Guthrie Laboratory Services call 844-617-4719.
Quest Diagnostics is the primary reference laboratory for Guthrie Laboratory Services. Quest Diagnostics performs tests that are done infrequently and tests for rare conditions that require special expertise and equipment.
Guthrie Laboratory Services is a full-service laboratory offering an array of specialized laboratory tests at six locations in Pennsylvania and New York. Because the majority of our testing is done locally, specimens are processed quickly, results are delivered promptly, and supplies are replenished when you need them. Laboratory tests not performed at Guthrie are primarily referred to Quest Diagnostics, one of the largest reference laboratories in the U.S.
Guthrie Laboratory Services is licensed by Pennsylvania and New York State to perform testing in the following categories:
Laboratory Extended Services:
To better meet the needs of our patients, Guthrie Laboratory Services also provides:
- Home Phlebotomy Services – Patients who are unable to travel and meet the Medicare Homebound guidelines, may have blood collected in their home by one of Guthrie’s phlebotomists. A physician order for homebound phlebotomy is required.
- Nursing Home Phlebotomy Services – Guthrie provides on-site phlebotomy services to our nursing home clients.