- Gen-Surg: General Surgery Rotation includes: Surgical Oncology, Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS), Colorectal, and Bariatric Surgery Services.
- GI-OR Rotation: (Gastroenterology and Operating Room): This allows residents protected time to procure the necessary training in colonoscopy and EGD, while allowing them to participate in the OR when endoscopic opportunities are not available.
- Breast: This rotation will be a combination of breast surgery at both Guthrie facilities (Guthrie/RPH and Guthrie/Corning) to take advantage of additional opportunities in our rural location.
- Trauma: The initial burn care experience is gained through this rotation.
- Thoracic, MIS, Surgical Oncology including Head & Neck, Vascular or Breast. If a resident has a specific interest or goal, they can use this elective block to gain further experience with a dedicated mentor from that specialty.
Residents are granted vacation time on an individual basis per departmental policy for time away. PGY I residents are permitted 3 weeks of vacation and PGY II-V residents are permitted 4 weeks of vacation per year. Requests for time away are accepted at any time, up to eight weeks before the desired leave.