|Dates||Fellow/Blk||CC||Fellow A||CC||Fellow B|
|7/1-7/28||1||MICU||Tues pm||Inpt||Thurs pm|
|7/29-8/25||2||Inpt||Thurs pm||MICU||Tues pm|
|8/26-9/22||3||MICU||Tues pm||Inpt||Thurs pm|
|9/23-10/20||4||Inpt||Thurs pm||MICU||Tues pm|
|10/21-11/17||5||Outpt||Thurs pm||Elective||Tues pm|
|11/18-12/15||6||MICU||Tues pm||Inpt||Thurs pm|
|12/16-1/12||7||Elective||Thurs pm||Outpt||Tues pm|
|1/13-2/9||8||Inpt||Thurs pm||MICU||Tues pm|
|4/7-5/4||11||MICU||Tues pm||Inpt||Thurs pm|
|5/5-6/1||12||Rch||Tues pm||Rch||Thurs pm|
|6/2-6/30||13||Inpt||Thurs pm||MICU||Tues pm|
- One Block is 4 weeks and begins on 7/1, inclusive of orientation.
- MICU=Medical Critical Care—Includes ICU Procedures ).
- SICU=Surgical Critical Care (PGY-4—1).
- Inpt=Pulmonary inpatient/Inpatient consult service—Includes Inpatient Procedures (PGY-4—4).
- Outpt=Pulmonary Outpatient Clinic—Includes Outpatient Procedures and PFTs (PGY-4—1).
- Rch=Research (PGY-4—1).
- Elective (PGY-4—2) Elective time may be used for research.
- Vacation time will be granted upon request and approval by the PD, preferentially during Elective and Research rotations. It can be scheduled during the Inpt or Outpt rotations if rotation time is made up during scheduled elective or research time.
- ½ day Continuity Clinic (CC) for all Fellows when on MICU, Inpt, Outpt, Rch and Elective (unless away elective) rotations. Tues pm for MICU fellow or either fellow, if no MICU fellow during that block. Thurs pm for a fellow not on MICU. Only 1 fellow per session.
- Call will be no more than 1 weekday per week and 1 weekend (Sat and Sun) combined or split, per block (4 weeks). Fellows will take call on Inpt, MICU and Outpt rotations. No PCCM call on other rotations, PCCM fellow call will be home call. The PCCM fellow call schedule will be made by the most senior fellows and approved by the PD or APD (in absence of PD). It will be made independently of the attending schedule.
- Protected education time: Monday 1200-1300; Wednesday (1st- 4th) 1530-1730; Thursday 0700-0800 (Competency forum days) and 0730-0830 (Pulm-Onc Conf days--For fellow presenting a patient or when on Inpt or Outpt services); Friday 1200-1300 (Grand rounds)