Guthrie’s Industrial Advisory Committee (IAC) hosts breakfast meetings on the second Thursday of every month (except in June, July and August) from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Any employer (not limited to industrial and manufacturing facilities) interested in learning more about occupational safety and health and preventing job-related illness/injury is welcome. The mission of IAC is to educate employers on industrial health care cost controls and safety/risk management techniques.
Previous topics discussed include: Corporate Health and Productivity, Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Ergonomic Programs, Workers’ Compensation, Modified Duty, Repetitive Motion injuries and Stress Management in the Workplace.
To be added to the email invitation list, please email Gregory.Johnston@guthrie.org.
- September 13: Dr. Mustafa Aman - “Obesity in the Workplace”
- October 11: Dr. Adam Pascoe - “Respirator Clearance Exams”
- November 8: Dr. Elizabeth Stein - “Local Tickborne Diseases”
- December 13: All Physicians & NPs - “Cases in Occupational Medicine”
- January 10: Dr. Osman Amin - “Working with Difficult People”
- February 14: Dr. Sheila Butler - “Workplace Violence”
- March 14: Dr. Anthony Grippo - “What Every Employer Should Know About Drug & Alcohol Testing”
- April 11: Dr. Theodore Them - “Fitness-for-Duty & Return-to-Work Exams”
- May 9: All Physicians & NPs - “Cases in Occupational Medicine”