Guthrie Corning Hospital Revises Visitation
Due to an increase in COVID cases in Chemung and Steuben counties, the visitation policy at Guthrie Corning Hospital has been revised, effective today, Friday, Sept. 25.
- Inpatients and Cancer Treatment Center: No visitors except for approved special circumstances.
- Surgical Services and Emergency Room: one visitor permitted
- Labor & Delivery: one visitor and a doula permitted
- Pediatric Patients: Two visitors permitted, but only one at a time interchangeably.
- Visitors on site for more than 12 hours will be rescreened every 12 hours.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from a twelve-county service area. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is the first health system based in Pennsylvania and New York to join this network. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., Towanda, Pa., Troy, Pa. and Cortland, N.Y., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offering 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities in Pennsylvania and New York. In addition, Guthrie offers home medical equipment and respiratory therapy products at seven convenient Med Supply Depot locations. Guthrie provides a wide range of services and programs to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.