The Sayre House of Hope in Sayre, Pa. provides a home away from home for family members of patients who travel a distance to the Sayre campus. Whether you have daily treatments that make it difficult to travel to and from home for or if you have a family member in the hospital for an extended period of time, the House of Hope can provide a much needed place to stay.
House of Hope volunteers answer phones and take messages, help with fundraising, minor housekeeping and kitchen duties, greet and register new guests, maintain records, and assist guests as needed.
The House is available on a first-come first-serve basis and includes the following amenities/services:
- Six guest rooms are available, each with an attached private bath. Four guest rooms have twin beds and two guest rooms have queen sized beds with handicapped-accessible bathrooms.
- Fully-equipped kitchen, so that guests can make simple meals.
- Laundry room for guest personal laundry.
- Dining room for guests to enjoy their meals
- Library equipped with a computer and reading material. Wireless internet access is available throughout the House.
- Living room with a two-sided fireplace, surrounded by comfortable chairs and couches.
- Walking distance from Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital or shuttle service available
The Sayre House of Hope is a member agency of the United Way of Bradford County.
The House of Hope is a non-profit organization and is seeking donations of supplies to make things more comfortable and convenient for its guests. The following are items that are always needed and some specialty things that would be most welcome.
If you or your company, church or club is interested in making a donation, please contact Elizabeth Hibbard, the Sayre House of Hope Manager at 570-887-6615. Thank you for your consideration!
- Nonperishable food items, especially easy to fix food like soup
- Snack foods like granola bars, fruit cups, single serving bags of pretzels or chips
- Coffee & Hot Cocoa
- Nondairy Creamer
- Bottled Water
- Dishwasher Detergent only (please no dish soap)
- Perfume & Dye free Liquid Laundry Detergent & Dryer Sheets
- Toiletries, for example Deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, shampoo ,etc.
- Tissue packs that fit into pockets
- Newspaper Subscription
- Magazine Subscription (Please inquire with Resident Manager)
- 6 Pillows