The Sayre House of Hope in Sayre, Pa. provides a home away from home for patients and family members who travel a distance to the Sayre campus. Whether you have daily treatments that make it difficult to travel to and from home, or if you have a family member in the hospital for an extended period of time, the House of Hope can provide a much needed place to stay.
The House features the following amenities/services:
- Six private guest rooms are available, each with an attached private bath. Four guest rooms have two twin beds each, and two guest rooms have queen sized beds with handicapped-accessible bathrooms.
- Fully-equipped kitchen, so that guests can make simple meals.
- Dining room for guests to enjoy meals.
- Laundry room for guest personal laundry.
- Wireless internet access available throughout the house.
- Living room with a two-sided fireplace, surrounded by comfortable seating and a guest computer.
- Walking distance from Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital or shuttle service available.
Call 570-887-6615 to learn more or to reserve a room.
Donation Wish List
The House of Hope is a non-profit organization and is seeking donations of supplies to make things more comfortable and convenient for its guests. The following are items that are always needed and some specialty things that would be most welcome.
If you or your company, church or club is interested in making a donation, please contact Sayre House of Hope Manager Elizabeth Hibbard at 570-887-6615.
If you would like to make a monetary donation, please click here. Thank you for your consideration!
- Non-perishable food items, especially easy-to-fix food like soup
- Snack foods like granola bars, fruit cups, single serving bags of pretzels or chips
- Coffee, tea and hot cocoa
- Non-dairy creamer
- Bottled water
- Dishwasher detergent only (please no dish soap)
- Bleach and disinfectant wipes
- Perfume- and dye-free liquid laundry detergent, and dryer sheets
- Toiletries such as deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, shampoo, etc.
- Paper products such as toilet paper, paper towels, and pocket-sized tissue packs
- Resealable plastic storage bags
- Disposable plates and utensils
- 6 pillows
- Air Purifiers
- Magazine subscription (please inquire with resident manager)
- Newspaper subscription
- Wooden tray tables
Sayre House of Hope volunteers answer phones and take messages, help with fundraising, perform minor housekeeping and kitchen duties, greet and register new guests, maintain records and assist guests as needed. If you are interested in volunteering, please email Michele Varano at email@example.com.
The Sayre House of Hope is a member agency of the United Way of Bradford County.