Medical Grand Rounds - Doctor, I have insomnia, please help me!
Presenters: Alon Y. Avidan, MD, MPH, FAAN, FAASM, Professor of Neurology and Director of UCLA Sleep Disorder Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology and health implications of chronic insomnia
- Outline how the sleep history can help uncover specific insomnia complaints, pre-sleep conditions, sleep-wake patterns, other sleep-related symptoms, and daytime consequences
- Outline the psychological characteristic of people with chronic insomnia
- List the behavioral and environmental factors that perpetuate chronic insomnia
- Highlight the use multicomponent brief therapies for insomnia for the treatment of chronic insomnia disorder in adults.
Date: Friday, March 19, 2021
Time: 12 p.m.
Location: Microsoft Teams - E-mail Trish.Stern@Guthrie.org to be included
This program is intended for: Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Fellows, Residents, Medical and Nursing Students, and other Ancillary Healthcare Professionals.
“The Guthrie Clinic is accredited by the Pennsylvania Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
“The Guthrie Clinic designates this live activity for a maximum of (1.0) AMA PRA Category I Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.”
Disclosure/Conflict of Interest Statement
“Faculty and all others who have the ability to control the content of continuing medical education activities sponsored by The Guthrie Clinic are expected to disclose to the audience whether they do or do not have any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest or other relationships related to the content of their presentation(s).” The presenter and all other persons planning the content of this program have indicated they DO NOT have any significant commercial interests that may bias the presentation.