If you are obese or severely overweight, you are a candidate for medical weight loss management. Additionally, medical weight loss management can help if you experience a weight-related health condition, have a family history of weight-related health concerns, are seeking weight maintenance during pregnancy or in additional circumstances in which your weight is a factor. Medical weight management is available for patients of any age, including pediatric patients.
Medical weight loss management could be right for you if you:
- Are a child, adolescent or adult who is considered clinically obese or severely overweight.
- Experience a weight-related health condition, including nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, sleep apnea, dyslipidemia, cardiovascular disease, pre-diabetes/diabetes, osteoarthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome or weight-related endometrial disorders.
- Are considering undergoing elective surgery, such as knee and hip surgery or recurrent ventral wall hernia repair, and weight loss would make you a better candidate.
- Have a history of obesity-related cancers, including breast, colon, endometrial or prostate cancer.
- Have a family history of weight-related conditions or cancer.
- Seek weight maintenance or stabilization during pregnancy.
- Are preparing for weight loss surgery.
- Recently had weight loss surgery and are looking to maintain weight loss after surgery.
Choosing medical weight loss management is a life-changing decision. We encourage you to make a lifelong commitment to a healthy lifestyle, and we will be there with you every step of the way to help you succeed.