At Guthrie our surgeons focus on diseases of the parathyroid and thyroid glands, offering the latest diagnostic and surgical methods. Endocrine surgery is performed on the endocrine glands, glands which secrete hormones into the blood stream, to achieve a hormonal balance in the body.
Options for Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery include:
- Ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration biopsy.
- Diagnostic ultrasound of the head and neck.
- Genetic testing for cancer risk assessment.
- Nuclear scanning for localization.
- Radioiodine (131I) ablation.
- Targeted therapy for advanced thyroid cancers, including tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
- Radioguided surgery