What is Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery?
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is a specialized field of surgery that encompasses a comprehensive range of surgical procedures focusing on the mouth, jaw, and facial structures.
Led by surgeons Dr. John M. Sands and Dr. Poolak Bhatt, along with Dawn Parsell (Physician Assistant) & Jamie Orange (Registered First Assist), our Maxillofacial Surgery Department stands poised to deliver comprehensive and specialized care to the community and beyond.
What do Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Treat?
- Orthognathic Surgery: We specialize in correcting both natural and acquired imbalances in the midface and lower facial areas, improving both how you look and how you function. This procedure is especially helpful for those with significant jaw misalignment, facial unevenness, speech concerns, and breathing issues.
- Sleep Apnea Treatment: With a high success rate, we offer effective solutions for moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea.
- Head & Neck Abnormalities: Our expertise extends to diagnosing and treating various non-cancerous growths and abnormalities affecting your scalp, face, neck, and mouth.
- Facial Trauma Care: Rooted in our history of aiding World War I soldiers; we're experienced in treating complex facial injuries involving bones and soft tissues. We're here to help those with intricate injuries, ensuring airway management and skilled reconstruction.
- TMJ Disorder Treatment: Our passion lies in addressing one of the most common sources of facial pain – temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders. We use advanced techniques to alleviate pain and improve your daily life.
- Wisdom Teeth & Implants: Our reputation is built on our expertise in various procedures including tooth extractions, pre-prosthetic treatments, and the placement of dental implants with state-of-the-art technology. Guthrie has invested in cutting-edge surgical systems including X-Guide dynamic navigation systems to allow us to provide minimally invasive procedures with optimal results.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Guthrie
Our services at Guthrie offer a complete scope of oral and maxillofacial surgeries in a tertiary care & level I trauma center setting. Our team of highly trained experts allow us to deliver safe and comprehensive care to our community and surroundings counties.
New patients are welcome. Referrals are required. Call 570-887-2418 to schedule an appointment.